Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 2 – in the office

My office is full of temptations. We have vending machines with yummy chocolate and crisps and nearly all of the office subscribe to have a Graze box delivered weekly. I love graze.com. The web user experience is second to none. At the end of January I was sent an email to renew my ‘subscription’, I had stopped my weekly box in November ‘10. Within one click through (from the email) and a click to say 'yes deliver' – I was back to receiving my weekly healthy alternative to cakes, biscuits and chocolate. No fuss, no re-entering credit card details and ‘Detox box’ delivered the following Wednesday. If you fancy a free box log on http://www.graze.com/ and put in voucher code: 8kvz5bp3. Just don’t forget to cancel your subsequent orders and it really will be free. I should cancel my delivery as nuts and dried fruits are incredibly calorific and certainly not on the SlimmingWorld plan, without 'syn'. However, I do think these are handy to have in my desk for emergencies and they are full of goodness and not full of sugar and unhealthy fats!


So intake today: Vitamins (C, Zinc and B Complex), porridge, banana, pear,
small handful of seeds, very small portion of dried mango (didn’t have much left), smoked salmon salad with low fat cottage cheese (not to be repeated – gross), about 10 cups of tea (I have been in the office and have a lovely team who make sure I have a cuppa within reach). I have just finished my chicken tikka, salad and low fat coleslaw – it tastes even better the next day. I used M&S tikka paste (2 tbsp + 150ml of fat free natural yoghurt + 4 chopped spring onions + 4 chicken breasts). If I feel like a snack later, I will grab a Special K bar – really cannot face any more fruit or veggies.


Now, after my taxi run to collect from Brownies, guided reading of new school book and ensuring my eldest washes and brushes her teeth – will I have the energy to do ‘Davina boxing’ in front of the TV? I think not. I will drink a herbal tea, wish it was wine and write about my new ‘beauty’ purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment