Friday 21 May 2010

Great marketing

I am a big fan of Liz Earle. In fact, if day dreaming that I was an owner/ founder of a company, Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare would be the one. One aspect of this company I admire is that you do not actually see any advertising (or if there is advertising I have missed it). They rely on their loyal customers and good product reviews, online and in print, to stimulate their mail order and online business (plus they have regular QVC slots and more recently placement in the wonderful John Lewis, department store). I receive regular eNewsletters and quarterly catalogues and, as reminded only this week, existing customers are rewarded for recommendations. Today when I returned from home I had a Liz Earle “Try Me Hand and Feet Kit” waiting for me. This was thanks to my friend Liz, who placed her first order this week. I had actually forgotten this perk of ‘pass it on’, but Liz was delighted to advise I was getting a present on the back of her order.

What a great way to promote your product and to raise the probability of future purchases from a loyal base. Although I have tested and trialled (and currently use) almost everything in the range, I have not used the foot treatments. If I wasn’t too tired tonight, after a long week at work, I would be buffing and moisturising my feet ready for their naked, ‘early summer’ exposure, this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment