Saturday 8 May 2010

The start of a blog

As my friends know, I am ever an optimist. I have a direct debit so I never miss a lottery draw (I have had the same two lines for more than 15 years). This optimism was rewarded last year. However, not with a lottery win. After 36 years of winning nothing apart from a school bag when I was 11, I won a 4 day holiday in New York courtesy of MullerLight yoghurts!

I am a subscriber to two magazines, Red and Zest and one online newsletter, GraziaDaily. This may give you an insight into my interests. So I was alerted to a competition on Tuesday 4 May 2010 from Grazia. I would love to become a Simple Star. And to win this I have to get the most votes on their site and create a blog that gets followers.

They say everyone has one book in them. I don’t necessarily think I have one in me that will win the Booker prize. But there are three things close to my heart that I can write about with experience. Family life, I am a wife and mother of two gorgeous girls. Smarter working, I am lucky to have a great employer who offers flexible working to ensure I can experience the best of both worlds. And finally, skincare. I am fast approaching 40 and I really do try and look and feel my best. Not easy when you are juggling a busy family and work life.

So what can you expect from me?

Tips, tricks and technology I use in my family and working life. The benefits I enjoy as a ‘smarter worker’ and reviews of skincare products currently in my bathroom and cosmetics in my make up bag.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment